The Netgear Extender reset to factory default setting is needed when someone using the extender and facing any problem in using the extender, or unable to login extender or facing any issue in accessing the internet.
Then the extender factory default setting is needed to set all settings in the previous model. In this article, we will be teaching you How to Reset Netgear Wifi Extender by using this method you will be able to reset your extender.
There are two methods you can use in resetting the extender to the factory default setting. The first one is by pressing the factory reset button, and the second one is with the help of a web user interface (GUI).
Using the factory reset button:-
- Look for any object like a paper clip or a pen.
- On the button of the Extender, search for the factory reset button.
- Press the factory reset button and hold using a pen or a paper clip, and wait for 5 seconds at least. Or until the extender device blinks amber.
- Release the button of the factory reset and wait until the Extender reboots.
- Once the devices are rebooted, Your extender device is back to the factory default setting.
By using the Web interface GUI:
- Use a computer or mobile device that is connected to Extender via wired or wireless connection.
- Note: The Extender Device LED lights up solid green to indicate that a device is currently connected to the Extender.
- Open any internet browser like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Type www.mywifiext.net in the address bar of your internet browser.
- On the login page, Enter your Email and Password and click on the login button.
- On the NETGEAR genie page, click on the Settings and then on Other Settings.
- Click on the Reset button. And then click Yes to proceed.
- Wait for the web user interface while finishing the resetting process, the device is back to factory default settings.
By following these above two methods you will successfully Reset Netgear Extender, and your device will come back to the default setting, use all the steps carefully to reset your device successfully.